Action must be taken against Priya Saha: Quader
The stories that Priya Saha presented to US President Donald Trump on minority groups in Bangladesh is not acceptable in anyway, said Awami League general secretary and Road, Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader.
"Her (Priya Saha) statement is totally false. We must have to take action against her," said the minister.
Obaidul Quader said this while addressing media at the Awami League president's political office in capital's Dhanmondi on Saturday.
Earlier in the day, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal said Priya Saha presented false and concocted stories to US President Donald Trump on Bangladesh's minority people and she will be interrogated after returning country.
Priya Saha participated in the Second Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom held at the US Department of State in Washington, DC on July 16-18.
A video of the meeting subsequently went viral on social media and sparked widespread controversy back home.
Priya Saha, a Bangladesh national, was seen telling US President Donald Trump, among other things, that 37 million Hindu, Buddhist and Christian people have been disappeared from Bangladesh.
She also told President Trump that her land has been grabbed by Muslim fundamentalists and sought his help so that Hindu, Buddhist and Christian people can live in Bangladesh.