DU to take admission test offline
The authorities of Dhaka University have decided to take the offline admission test for the first year of honours students under the academic session of 2020-21.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Deans' Committee chaired by DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Akhtaruzzaman on Tuesday morning.
At the end of the meeting, the Vice-Chancellor of the University (Education) Prof ASM Maqsood Kamal and Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences Sadeka Halim informed the decision to The Daily Samakal.
This year the marks of the admission test will be 100 instead of 200, they also said.
In addition, the admission test will be held division-wise so that no students have to come to Dhaka.
"We have decided to take the written test," said Maqsood Kamal, adding, "This test will be held in 100 marks. 20 percent marks will be counted from the SSC and HSC exams while the remaining 80 percent marks will be carried to MCQ (30) and Written (50)."
Sadeka Halim said, "We will take the admission test. Deans of all faculties have given their views in this regard. After the results of SSC are published in December, the date of admission test will be announced considering the Corona situation."